The original Hallufix Hallux valgus splint was developed by orthopedic technicians and podiatrists to relieve pain and correct a misallic placement of the big toe (bunion).
The Bunion Aid Splint can be used preventively in mild to moderate bunions to prevent further progression of incorrect placement of the big toe. Foot mobility is maintained by the flexible hinge. After hallux valgus surgery, the Hallufix Hallux valgus splint helps to stabilize corrected alignment and shorten the rehabilitation phase. This has been demonstrated by numerous studies.
- The mobility of the foot is maintained by the flexible splint joint.
- The splint can be worn on two sides.
- Soft, coolable and hygienic gel pad.
- Preventive and postoperative (ensuring surgical results).
- Immediate pain relief and correction.
- The splint can be worn in a comfort shoe.
The original Hallufix Hallux valgus splint has been awarded several prizes, such as the Reddot Design Award and Medical Design Excellence Award. The Hallufix Hallux valgus splint is available in three sizes. The correct dimensions are determined by the shoe size.