This thermoplastic Ending Strip is a thin thermoplastic material, which can be heated at low temperature. It is used as peripheral material on splints, external tools for immobilization and rehabilitation aids.
Precautions for use:
- Pull the loose end of the edge strip out of the package and cut off the necessary material with suitable scissors.
- Activate the strip in a hot water bowl or with a dry heater at a minimum temperature of 65 °C (149 °F).
- Wait (at least 1 minute) for the material to become transparent. This indicates that the material is ready to form.
- Remove the material from the water bowl and dry it briefly on a towel to remove the excess water droplets.
- Then stick the RANDSTRIP on the edges of the splint to round the splint neatly.
- Make sure that half of the strip covers the inner surface of the splint and that the other half covers the outer part.
- The Thermoplastic Ending Strip can still be easily removed immediately after application. After a while this will be more difficult.
The Thermoplastic Ending Strip needs to be cleaned daily. Use lukewarm water and disinfectant soap. Rinse well and dry thoroughly, never use solvents! Disinfection is possible with alcohol.
As the official distributor of orfit, Lomed Nederland supplies this product exclusively/exclusively in the Netherlands. For international requests or information please contact Orfit.